Saturday, May 8, 2010

It happens only in India.....

For those who don't know DAVV there are three fruit juices thelas just outside DAVV campus to the right side of the gate while coming out from the campus.. today to feed our hungry tummy and have a momentary escape from the scorching heat VD and I were having juice.
Being a jovial chap VD is plus a regular among those three fruit juice shops VD knows that they all are from the districts around Lucknow in UP. So here VD was telling me how they were from in and around his native land and I am also interested in UP folks as back home in Bhilai almost every chat wala is from UP.
While having this conversation my curiosity piqued and I asked VD "Do you know where they live???" A real ogreish voice said Navlakha some thing Makan no. 5 both of us turned back and saw a man. he told us that he has the remote control of all these juice vendors right form Regal to Asaram Square also he told us that he was a Mahrastrian. A Mahrastrian abusing folks from UP and Bihar is nothing new to our nation.
Also the way he told us things it became evident to me and VD that above mentioned person was using all these people as cheap labour and we were discussing the hapless state the poor juice vendors must be in under this hoodlum. While serving our juice that person told us that he had to take control of the situation as the poor juice vendors were daily extorted and beaten by local gundas for money at time their juicers were snatched off them. Then he told us how one of those three juice vendors came in contact with him and seek asylum under him. Not only that he was honest enough to accept that he helps them for his profits and broke a hoodlums head when he tried to rough a juice vendor up.

While we were imagining Thackreys in the Marathi Manoos , this Marathi Manoos was really a Manoos to the core I give a shit as he beats other folks up and is giving rise to anarchy I mean hello everyone is an extortionist here the Mafia nexus being the official, cops the govermental representative, press human right every one does the same but what made me Glad was a Mahrashtrian saving a Bhaiyaji and taking him under his wings and giving him shelter.What i saw was brotherhood among Indians and with things like this my heart tilts a bit towards the old USP of INDIA "UNITY IN DIVERSITY," and gives me a faint hope that all is not that bad as I thought and for the moment I am very happy to cling on to it

4 comments:

  1. There's indeed a lot of good.
    It's just that the 'bad' overshadows it way too easily.
    Let's look at the better for a change :)

    PS: My Dad is a UP wala xD
    He ain't got no chaat shop but :/
    I wish he did. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deepali Indeed and now I have this huge craving for Chaat!!

    ReplyDelete