Monday, August 16, 2010

Heartbreak Warfare.....

It's not that I ever thought John Mayer was gay or stuff... I have always loved his music and in my adolescence days I quite liked it.  Sadly growing up in Bhilai, I was unfortunate to get hands on his cassettes. Also when I finally dived into the ocean of music,  I was too much entranced by Metal and its adrenaline rush.
                  This time around in Bhilai while watching I came across this wonderful song called Heartbreak Warfare. As I listened to first ten seconds of the son I realized that there was a Paradigm Shift, his attitude towards the music seemed way more mellow though it retained its sweetness and innocence for which I always liked John Mayer. The song starts with with an Edge like sweet riff being played infinitely and a Blues oriented sound. Add to it the everlasting n resonating voice of John Mayer and you have an incredible package of something very close to spiritual.....


I know in many quarters John Mayer is criticized because of his poppish approach to music especially after possessing huge pool of talent he posses. Honestly few year back even I would have said that I hate him for being lazy. But you know what ??? It's his choice and it's his life what he makes out of it is his statement to the world if he is content playing few chords notes and notes maybe its his message to the people around. It's his karma and whatever he does its pretty good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment